What are the words you say on a regular basis? Have you ever thought about the weight behind your words?
Whether you’re speaking or writing, your words hold so much value and meaning — and many times we don’t even think about what’s coming out of our mouths.
But it’s not just about our words. It’s about our thoughts behind our words as well. It’s about the action we take when we say things to ourselves and to others.
To quote Harry Potter:
“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”
Recently, I was a guest on my friend Jessica Stong’s podcast talking all about our words and why they matter to us. As a freelance editor, words can hold so much value when it comes to how we use them — and using them correctly.
I truly believe this is an important conversation for everyone, especially when it comes to the words we say to ourselves. If you’ve ever thought about making a shift like I did, or even just thought about becoming a freelance editor, this is a conversation you don’t want to miss!
- 1:15 –> What courage means to me
- 2:15 –> The winding path that is my story
- 9:50 –> Why your words matter
- 11:45 –> Words from 2020 and the power behind them
- 14:20 –> The words you say to yourself
- 15:50 –> How to choose your words and language
- 19:00 –> Courage in conversations
- 21:00 –> How I shifted my language to help other people do what I do
- 25:00 –> Taking imperfect action
- 27:15 –> Failure and your language around it
- 29:00 –> My recommendation for you
If you want to learn more about Jessica and the work she does, be sure to subscribe to her podcast for more conversations around courage and your words.